Rental Information - Things You Should Know For 2013 about our Hilton Head Island Rentals.
• Our office is open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Saturday.
Rates, Taxes & Fees
• Published rates are weekly rates and reflect payment by cash or check. A 3% convenience fee will be added for any use of a credit card (Discover/Visa/MC/American Express). All rental rates are subject to change without notice.
• Published rates do not include state sales & accommodation taxes totaling 7%, nor do they include the Town of Hilton Head’s beach preservation fee and local accommodation tax totaling 3%. The admin/accidental damage fee is 7.5%. Taxes and fees are subject to change without notice.
• The Admin & Accident Damage Fee of 7.5% is applied to all reservations and is taxable. This fee helps to cover the administrative costs and services provided to each reservation to include home/villa preparation for guest arrival, departure and service support during the guest’s stay. Additionally, this fee offers Accidental Damage protection up to $2,000 on homes and $1,000 on villas. See section on Accidental Damage Protection Plan.
• The Accidental Damage Protection Plan covers reported accidental damage to your rental property by you and your lodging guests up to a maximum of $1,000.00 for villas and $2,000.00 for homes, and is refundable only in the case where the reservation is cancelled prior to the entering the property.
• A Reservation fee of $95.00 for homes and $85.00 for villas will be added to each reservation.
• $35.00 will be charged for all returned checks. Returned check fees not paid by your arrival date will be charged to your credit card. If your check is returned after your departure, Hilton Head Rentals & Golf will charge your credit card for the balance due, plus the $35.00 check fee and the 3% convenience fee.
• A non-refundable pet fee of $125.00 for villas and $250.00 for homes is required to make a reservation for a designated “pet friendly” home or villa. Your credit card will be charged accordingly if pet damage or clean up exceed $125.00 for villas and $250.00 for homes.
• Travel Insurance is highly recommended for all reservations. With Travel Insurance you are protecting your travel investment against a wide range of risks. Please note that no refunds will be provided due to any situation arising from a hurricane, including evacuations, without Travel Insurance provided by Red Sky. To acquire Travel Insurance you must provide your signature under Travel Insurance, on the first page of the rental agreement.
• Travel Insurance is available to all guests up to the final payment. However, coverage may be limited when insurance is purchased outside of the guidelines listed in the Description of Coverage included with your rental agreement. Once Travel Insurance is accepted, it is non-refundable.
• Multiplying the rental rate, plus fees and their taxes by 7%, will calculate the Travel Insurance cost.
• Contact Red Sky at 866-889-7409 and provide policy number: 11TVL4476000 should you have any questions about coverage or click here: https://trippreserver.com/pdfs/RedSky_TP_Sun_DOC72414-1.pdf
Deposits and Payments
• Once your reservation has been made, a rental agreement will be sent to you. A deposit of 40% of the total cost is required and must be received within 14 days from the date of booking. Written confirmation of payment will be sent to you each time you make a payment toward your balance.
• Your balance is due 30 days prior to arrival. Balances for monthly reservations or longer must be paid in full 60 days prior to arrival. Keys will be mailed to you after you are paid in full, approximately 2 – 3 weeks prior to your arrival. Keys will not be mailed to guests who live outside the U.S. and for select properties booked.
• When making a reservation less than 30 days prior to arrival, arrangements must be made to pay the entire balance prior to arrival. No personal checks will be accepted within 30 days of arrival. Keys will not be placed in the lock box unless your account balance is zero. The lockbox is located next to the front door of our office.
• All charges are U.S. funds; international checks must be noted U.S. funds or they will not be accepted.
• In lieu of a security deposit, an approved credit card is required to make a guaranteed reservation. NO EXCEPTIONS! This credit card will be charged in case of damage or in the case where extra cleaning charges are required.
• All funds received, deposits and balance owed amounts, shall be placed in an escrow account as required by South Carolina Real Estate Law. Interest earned will become the property of Hilton Head Rentals & Golf as authorized by your signature on our contract.
Cancellations and Refunds
• All cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee of $250.00 for homes and $200 for villas.
• Once you have provided your credit card information and are given a confirmation number, your reservation is subject to all cancellation fees.
• For a refund, a cancellation must be submitted in writing and received 61 days prior to arrival for villas, 91 days for homes and 151 days for monthly reservations, less $250 for homes and $200 for villas.
• Cancellation within the 60 – 31 days for villas, 90 - 31 days for homes or 150 – 61 days for monthly rentals will result in the forfeiture of your 40% deposit. If the reservation is cancelled within 30 days of arrival, for homes and villas and 60 days for monthly rentals, you will forfeit full payment of reservation. If Travel Insurance has been purchased a claim can be filed with the company to refund all monies paid minus the cost of insurance, if covered by their policy.
• A guest with a confirmed reservation wishing to change dates or accommodations will incur cancellation charges according to the schedule shown above.
• Should the owner of any property elect to remove their property from our rental program, sale of the property,unforeseen owner occupancy or other circumstances beyond our control, the guest shall not hold Hilton Head Rentals & Golf liable. In such an instance, the guest will be relocated to comparable accommodations determined by Hilton Head Rentals & Golf. If comparable accommodations are not available, the guest will receive a full refund.
• Hilton Head Rentals & Golf is not responsible for events beyond our control, e.g. inclement weather, traffic delays, maintenance issues. No refunds will be provided for any situation involving weather issues, including hurricanes, without Travel Insurance coverage.
• There will be no refunds for early departures or no-shows.
• Allow 10 business days to process your refund. Guests will not receive a refund until all payments posted to their account have cleared the bank and are not in dispute.
Check-in & Check-out
• Check-in is 4:00 PM or later. Please do not enter the home or villa before this time unless you have permission from our office. Additional rental fees will be charged to your credit card if you are found to be in violation of this policy. Occasionally during peak seasons, your home or villa may not be ready until 6:00 PM.
• Check-out is 10:00 AM or earlier. No exceptions!
• All homes and villas are cleaned and inspected upon your departure.
• We, and property owners, are not responsible for items left behind. There is a $35.00 recovery charge. Guests will be responsible for contacting Island Postal at 843-842-6040 to arrange pick up of the item(s) from our office, insurance and shipping. Please note that you will pay Island Postal directly for postage, for packaging your items and returning them to you by mail.
• You will be issued 2 keys (or code) to your rental property. A rekeying charge will be posted to your account for failing to return these keys to our office.
• LOCKED OUT? Should you become locked out of your rental property after business hours (5:00pm to 9:00am Monday to Saturday and on Sundays), the following locksmiths offer 24-hour service: AREA WIDE at 843-686-4007 (they charge $105 to $115) or TRI COUNTY LOCKS at 843-842-9918 (up to 11:00pm they charge $85 and after 11:00pm they charge up to $125 plus Plantation Car Pass where applicable).
Home & Villa Equipment
• All homes and villas are privately owned and equipped for basic vacation needs. Bedding and bath towels are provided for the maximum number of possible guests stated for each home and villa. Kitchen utensils and a starter supply of soap and paper products are made available. You will need to bring or purchase additional supplies.
• Each home or villa is guaranteed to contain at least one TV and one DVD or VCR player. Hairdryers are not provided.
• Beach equipment and beach towels are not provided. Do not use home or villa linens as beach blankets.
• The pool of a private home is cleaned twice a week in the summer and once a week the remainder of the year. The guest will be charged to clean the pool beyond the pool’s normal cleaning schedule.
• Pool heat is available for a substantial additional charge due to the high cost of propane. Spa jets will not be operable unless payment has been made for heat. Some resort complex pools may be heated. Check with the office.
• Your credit card will be charged for additional cleaning if the home or villa, linens and/or carpet are found to be excessively dirty.
• Telephones are provided. Local calls are free. Use a calling card or dial collect to place long distance calls.
• Maintenance problems in the home or villa will be handled in a timely and professional manner. The rental rate will not be adjusted due to any malfunction of equipment, which includes TV’s, VCR’s, DVD’s, air conditioning units, hot water tanks, elevators, stoves, refrigerators, door locks, hot tubs/spas, pools, etc, etc.
• Equipment and appliances whether new or not may malfunction and cannot be guaranteed. Refunds will not be provided due to malfunction of equipment.
• It is agreed that Hilton Head Rentals & Golf has the right to enter the property at a reasonable time for purpose ofrepairs or routine maintenance. To include pest control and other property services.
• Renter and Renter’s guests usage of a rental home elevator is restricted to adults only. All children under the age of 18 are NOT PERMITED to ride/use the elevator unless accompanied by an adult.
• Hilton Head Rentals & Golf is not responsible for resort amenities such as schedules, pool & spa closures, etc.
• At the time of publication, all home and villa amenities are accurate to the best of our knowledge.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that the property is locked up and secure. Do not leave valuables, money, laptops unsecured or unattended. Neither Hilton Head Rentals & Golf or the property owner will be responsible, liable or accountable for thefts including break ins. Check Travel Insurance coverage.
• Take note of the maximum number of guests allowed in the homes and villas (on our website and on your rental agreement) before making your reservation. This policy is strictly enforced and may result in eviction, additional fees and penalties charged to the renters’ credit card.
• Weddings, receptions, and parties of any kind are not allowed without a written request and approval from Hilton Head Rentals & Golf.
• Homes and villas are NOT available for rent to vacationing students or guests under the age of 25. Married couples must be 21 or older. This policy is strictly enforced and will result in eviction.
• Violation of noise restrictions may require a vacationing guest to be evicted without a refund.
Plantation Access & Parking
• Car passes are required and will be issued for all vehicles entering a plantation area and condominium complex(up to the maximum allowed, which is 1 per bedroom). There is a $10 per pass charge for guests staying in Palmetto Dunes or Shelter Cove. Guests staying in Sea Pines must pay $15 per pass required.
*Please note some plantation/regime restrictions apply
• Trailers, motor homes, motorcycles and/or recreational vehicles are prohibited in the plantations and in most resorts on Hilton Head Island.
• Some private homes do not have parking access in the garage or on the street. Certain restrictions may apply, please check with our office. Some private homes are limited in parking, therefore, please check with our office.
• No pets allowed except in designated “pet friendly” homes and villas. No more than two dogs are allowed in all “pet friendly” homes and villas (no cats, birds, etc.).
• A non refundable pet fee of $250 for homes and $125 for villas will be added to your reservation.
• Violation of noise restrictions may require a vacationing guest to be evicted without a refund.
• If your dog weighs more than 50 lbs, please let us know. Not all homes and villas accept large dogs.
• Please note that Pit Bulls, Rottweiler’s, Dobermans, German Shepards and Bull Terriers are not permitted.
• If a pet is brought into a non pet friendly property, Hilton Head Rentals & Golf may cancel the reservation and the guest will forfeit all monies and incur an additional $400 charge for cleaning.
• All homes and villas are Non-smoking! No exceptions! A $400.00 air purification fee will be charged to the credit card on file, if this non smoking rule is violated.
• Neither HHRG nor the owner will be held liable for any accident or injury that may occur to you or your party or your property during your occupancy in or on the property.
• Guest agrees to indemnify and save Hilton Head Rentals & Golf, its employees and agents, free and harmless from any claim or liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from, related to, or in connection with the rental, including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or loss of property which is made, incurred or sustained by guest or any guest invitees.
• This agreement shall be deemed to have been executed in the state of South Carolina, governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Carolina. Venue for the purpose of any action or proceeding brought by either party under this agreement will be the courts of Beaufort County, South Carolina.
Last Updated 1/1/2014